Center for Business Solutions
We are dedicated to improving your Workplace by providing access to customized business training and continuing education as well as venues and services that make your business work.
Please select a credit program from the right to view more information about that program.
About Business Logistics
Albany Technical College has one of the best logistics educational online programs in this region. The goal of the Business Logistics Degree program is to teach the next leaders the business of logistics. Logistics is more important than ever in ensuring our goods and services are delivered at the right time, place and at the right costs in the global marketplace. We want students who are looking for a rewarding career to know that Logistics is in hot demand as our economy expands globally. Now is the time to get a quality education and job in Logistics. Students will learn how to manage a supply chain and the functions that support a successful operation, and the logistics decisions it takes to get products and service to a customer and marketplace. With courses in Supply Chain Management, Management courses, and Logistics courses, student will enter the workforce with a well-rounded education in Business Logistics.
Degrees and Diplomas
- Logistics Specialist TCC
- Supply Chain Management TCC
- Customer Contact Specialist TCC
- Service Supervision Specialist TCC
- Certified Manufacturing Specialist TCC
- Certified Customer Service Specialist TCC
- Certified Warehousing and Distribution Specialist TCC
- Quality Assurance Specialist TCC
- Quality Assurance Professional TCC
About the Industrial Operations Technician Program
The Industrial Operations Technician program is the first of its kind of Georgia. Students enrolled in the new program will be exposed to a variety of manufacturing principles, including Lean Six Sigma, operations management, industrial mechanics and interpersonal skills.
The certificate of credit was developed in collaboration with members of the Albany-Dougherty Industry Roundtable, a CEO-level forum of major manufacturers and distribution centers in Albany-Dougherty County. The roundtable, an initiative of the Albany-Dougherty EDC, includes Albany Green Energy, Coats & Clark’s craft manufacturing facility, Coats & Clark’s North American Distribution Center, Marine Depot Maintenance Command at Marine Corps Logistics Base Albany, Procter & Gamble, Mars Chocolate North America, MillerCoors, Pfizer, SASCO Chemical Group and Tara Foods.
This new program aligns the needs of Albany-Dougherty County’s industries with the training opportunities available, thereby further strengthening the local and regional labor force and making it more attractive to prospective and existing industries.
About Lean Six Sigma
Every organization is a collection of processes that are designed to facilitate operations and ensure the viability of the organization. When these processes become outdated or misapplied, if left alone, disaster or, at the very least, frustration can slow operations and reduce effectiveness.
Lean Six Sigma at both the Green and Black Belt levels is designed to equip individuals with the methodologies and tools that will enable them to make, at times, dramatic improvements to processes that can reduce waste, improve effectiveness, and raise profitability.
The Center for Business Solutions offers Lean Six Sigma in both the Green and Black Belts. If you are looking for a proven methodology that can help improve efficiency, increase profit for your organization, and a credential that can improve your individual capabilities, contact us.
Technical Certificate Requirements
About Operations Management
The purpose of Operations Management Degree is to plan, direct, or coordinate the operations of public or private sector organizations. Duties and responsibilities include formulating policies, managing daily operations, and planning the use of materials and human resources, but are too diverse and general in nature to be classified in any one functional area of management or administration, such as personnel, purchasing, or administrative services. Some of the task involved:
- Oversee activities directly related to making products or providing services.
- Direct and coordinate activities of businesses or departments concerned with the production, pricing, sales, or distribution of products.
- Review financial statements, sales and activity reports, and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement and to determine areas needing cost reduction and program improvement.
- Manage staff, preparing work schedules and assigning specific duties.
- Direct and coordinate organization's financial and budget activities to fund operations, maximize investments, and increase efficiency.
- Establish and implement departmental policies, goals, objectives, and procedures, conferring with board members, organization officials, and staff members as necessary.
- Determine staffing requirements, and interview, hire and train new employees, or oversee those personnel processes.
- Plan and direct activities such as sales promotions, coordinating with other department heads as required.
- Determine goods and services to be sold, and set prices and credit terms, based on forecasts of customer demand.
- Locate, select, and procure merchandise for resale, representing management in purchase negotiations.
Degrees and Diplomas
Driver's Education Courses
For Teens with a Learner’s Permit
We offer one-day forklift operator training in accordance with OSHA standards. Classes are normally scheduled every other Saturday. Call 229.430.3563 for a current schedule of classes.
Courses are offered as needed. Call 229.430.3867 for information.
Please select your desired section to the right. Our offerings are constantly changing to meet the local demand and needs, so please visit us often for new services.
Did you know small businesses generated 65 percent of net new jobs over the past 17 years? If you want to become your own boss and contribute to the growth of new jobs then you will want to attend this Entrepreneurship course!
What is an Entrepreneur? You, after you start your own business. Entrepreneurs provide goods and services of just about anything you can think of that fills the needs of customers. Entrepreneurs are both owners and employees. You will learn marketing, effective customer service, how to track your costs and create a business plan, financial strategies, leadership and the other functions necessary to run an effective business.
These classes are offered periodically based on need. Please call us if you are interested.
We now offer an In Classroom course for the Georgia Pre-License Salesperson’s Course. Take your required Georgia 75-hour Pre-License course in a traditional classroom setting with a helpful instructor who is a licensed Realtor. This school and this course have been approved by the Georgia Real Estate Commission. Next course: Feb. 13-May 11, 2018; Tuesday and Thursday nights from 6:30-9:30 pm. Call 229-430-3867 for more information or to register
Online courses also available from Albany Tech through 360training.com, a leading Georgia real estate license school online since 1997. Our real estate courses are ARELLO-approved and meet the state requirements to obtain a real estate license in Georgia.
The Center for Business Solutions provides training that fits the needs of your business. Whether its workforce skills, technical skills or professional development, we are able to design, develop, and deliver training solutions to specifically meet the needs of your business within your time frame. Solutions are customized to company-prescribed guidelines and delivered how, when, and where it is convenient to your business. Examples of customized solutions include:
- Lean Six Sigma (Overview and in-depth “belt” training and certification)
- Project Management
- Customer Service
- Team Building
- Management & Supervisory Development
- Computer Applications & Software
We are dedicated to providing solutions to improve your business operations and impact your bottom line. Let us know what your needs are and let us design a solution for you!
Albany Tech occasionally offers a 40 hour refresher course that runs for one week. This includes a day of classroom training (i.e. Federal D.O.T. regulations and Hours of Service requirements), 2 days on the skills field, and 2 days of on-road driving.
Computer Tutor and Microsoft classes offered.
American Heart Association CPR classes are offered on our campus or at your worksite.
Albany Tech offers driver's education to satisfy Joshua's Law requirements. We also offer one‐on‐one driver training for adults.
Receive your certification to drive a forklift. OSHA standards training. Class offered on
Saturdays. Call 229-430-3563 for dates and details.
The victim of an emergency such as a heart attack, cardiac arrest, stroke, or choking may be saved if people at the scene have had the lifesaving skills and techniques training. This course will teach and build these skills and techniques. CPR course topics include recognizing emergencies, deciding to act, key important factors, checkcall-care, responding to an unconscious adult, child, and infant, choking, and recovery position.
BLS for Healthcare Providers and Heartsaver® CPR classes offered periodically. Contact us @ 229.430.3867 for the next available date.
Online classes can be accessed by going to ED2GO
The Center for Business Solutions is a Test Center Location for the ACT Test. Test dates and registration information can be found at the ACT website, www.act.org.
Comira is a full service testing company for licensure, certification, assessment and educational testing programs. Comira provides expertise throughout the entire testing lifecycle, including test development, computer based testing and result management.
A few of the exams currently being offered are listed below. New exams are added regularly! Please check back often for additional exams.
- Information Technology Exam
Leading licensure, certification and assessment programs around the world depend on Pearson VUE to implement innovative, high-stakes computer-based testing solutions that enhance the performance, reliability and security of their testing programs.
- American Culinary Federation
- Board of Chiropractic Examiners (BCE)
- Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR)
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- The Federal Communications Commission (FCC)
- National Association of Electrical Distributors (NAED)
- National Center for Aerospace and Transportation Technologies (NCATT)
- National Certification Council for Activity Professionals (NCCAP)
- National Coalition of Estheticians (NCEA)
- National Exercise Trainers Association (NETA)
- Professional Association of Health Care Office Management (PAHCOM)
- Radiology Coding Certification Exam (RCCB)
- Radiant Panel Association (RPA)
- Society of Professional Asset-Managers and Record Keepers (SPARK)