Be a Titan!
It’s immersing yourself into the superior education and experiences that Albany Technical College has to offer each and every student. From the classroom instruction and hands-on labs, you will become a strong Titan warrior ready to enter into the workplace armed with knowledge and skills to be the best you can be. And, while you’re here, spend some time on the courts with our Titans and Lady Titans teams as they lead us to victory every season. Albany Technical College... Be a Titan... Be successful!
Earn a Certificate in as little as 3 months!
Your Diploma in 12-18 months!
Your Degree in just 2 years!
View Areas of Study
- Tuition Rates & Financial Aid
- GA HOPE scholarships and grants
- Other options for veterans
- Be at least 16 years of age. Several programs have a higher age requirement.
- Submit an application for admissions online. APPLY ONLINE!
- Submit a $25 nonrefundable application fee.
- Submit verification of Lawful Presence in the United States and GA Residency
- Submit your official high school or GED transcripts. Transcripts must be sealed and have your date of graduation in order to be considered official. If you are currently in high school, please note the date of expected graduation on the application; upon graduating please have your counselor mail us your final high school transcript. Transcripts may be submitted to:
Office of Admissions
Albany Technical College
1704 South Slappey Blvd
Albany, GA 31701
- Submit official college transcript(s) if applicable. Transcripts may be submitted to:
Office of Admissions
Albany Technical College
1704 South Slappey Blvd
Albany, GA 31701
- Submit either: ACCUPLACER, COMPASS, ASSET, SAT, or ACT test results (5 years old or less)
A transcript from an accredited post-secondary institution with a grade of 'C' or better in English and/or Math equivalent to the required level of program selection may exempt you from testing. The entrance exam will be waived if you have an associate degree or higher. An official transcript is required for this waiver.
The entrance exam may be waived for diploma programs if the student has Old SAT version- scores of 400 Math or 430 Critical Reading; New SAT version- Reading 24; Writing & Language 25; and Math 22 and ACT- Reading 13; English 12; and Math 17
The entrance exam may be waived for degree programs if the student has Old SAT version- scores of 440 Math or 480 Critical Reading; New SAT version- Reading 25; Writing & Language 26; and Math 24 and ACT- Reading 17; English 16; and Math 19
Contact the Testing Center to schedule an appointment to take the ACCUPLACER placement exam at 229-430-2709. (add Testing link)
- Apply for Financial Aid www.fafsa.gov; school code 005601
You may pick up forms and information on HOPE, PELL, VA or other financial aid at our Financial Aid Office or the ATC website. www.albanytech.edu (add Financial Aid link)
- Once accepted, you will receive an acceptance letter and/or an advisement card to register for classes.
The advisement card will inform you of your program advisor’s location and phone number. You will visit with your advisor to register for your classes.
- Attend a new student orientation. You will be notified of orientation dates once accepted.
- ATTEND CLASS!
Below you will find the most commonly used forms in Admissions. Forms are presented as PDFs. Click here if you wish to Apply Online or to access the printable application.
After we receive your application and fee payment (returning applicants are not required to pay fee), we will send a missing document letter via email and postal service. The missing document letter or email will list documents required for admissions:
- Submit verification of Lawful Presence in the United States and GA Residency
- Submit official high school transcript/GED transcript (transcripts must be sealed)
- Submit official college transcript(s) if applicable
Submit ACCUPLACER, COMPASS, ASSET, SAT or ACT scores (5 years old or less)
To expedite processing, please submit required documents within 1-2 weeks of applying
Healthcare Technology programs and Commercial Truck Driving requires additional documents and program requirements
Conveniently check your admission status by following the steps below
- Go to https://mytitans.albanytech.edu/pls/ban8/bwskalog.P_DispLoginNon
- Enter the Login ID and PIN used to create first time user account.
- Find “Admission Term” under “Processed Applications”
- Click on the upcoming term for which you are applying (Example: Fall Semester 2017)
- View requirements at the bottom of the Application Summary page
- If the received date is blank for an item listed, it is needed to complete the admissions process
- The received date under requirements will update once documents are received and processed
- The application status will display “decision made” once all admissions requirements are satisfied
- The decision will be displayed as either regular accepted or provisional accepted
If you have questions, please contact the Admissions Office:
- by phone at (229)430-3520 or (229)732-5280 (Randolph County Learning Center)
- or by visiting the main campus at 1704 South Slappey Blvd. Albany, GA 31701. Kirkland Building, Room 124
- or by visiting the Randolph County Learning Center at 241 US Hwy 82 East. Cuthbert, GA 39840
Welcome to the Albany Technical College Testing Center located in The Kirkland Building, Room 127. A picture ID is required for services.
Call us at: (229) 430.2709 or (229) 430.3580
Saturday ACCUPLACER testing dates:
Future dates coming soon!
- Testing begins at 9 am, check-in by 8 :45 am
- State issued photo ID required
- Electronic devices and personal items are NOT allowed in the testing lab
Hours of Operation
Students with documented disabilities who require special testing conditions should contact: Regina Watts, Special Needs Coordinator at 229.430.2854
Taking the time to prepare for college placement tests is the smart way to improve your scores and reduce the likelihood of being assigned to developmental courses. Please contact the library for assistance.
The Move On When Ready (MOWR) program at Albany Technical College provides an opportunity for students to dual enroll at a participating eligible public or private high school, or home school program in Georgia, and the College. Students take coursework at Albany Tech for credit towards both high school graduation or home study completion and postsecondary requirements. Students may participate in activities at both the College and their high school. Students must have approval from their high school guidance office and their parents to participate.
The program is offered during all academic semesters - Fall, Spring, and Summer. Georgia Student Finance Commission requires that a MOWR High School/Home Study Program Participation Agreement be on file for each high school/home study program in order for students from that high school/home study program to participate in the MOWR program. Full tuition and most fees and textbook costs are covered.
For more information about MOWR and its requirements, please visit the Georgia Department of Education's website.
MOWR Admission Requirements
- Student must be enrolled in an eligible public or private high school or home school program in Georgia.
- Student must the a minimum of 14 years of age prior to the first day of their college enrollment term. Some programs at ATC have higher age requirements due to industry standards. See program details for more information on age requirements by program.
- Student must mean minimum SAT, ACT, or ACCUPLACER placement test scores. These vary by programs of study.
Step 1: Complete the Admissions Application: Move On When Ready (MOWR) Admissions Application for ATC [PDF]
Step 2: Submit your SAT or ACT test scores to ATC – OR – complete the ACCUPLACER placement exam at ATC. See program details for placement test score requirements by program.
Step 3: Meet with your high school counselor/home school administrator and parent/guardian to discuss which courses you need for Move On When Ready.
Step 4: Complete MOWR financial aid application.
- Students attending a public or private high school should log into www.GAfutures.org and complete the MOWR funding application online. If you do not have a GA Futures account, then you will need to create one or get assistance from your high school counselor.
- Students attending a home study program must complete the MOWR paper application and do not need to set up a GA Futures account.
Step 5: Receive acceptance letter/email.
Step 6: See your ATC High School Coordinator to get your books for your courses.
Assessment Testing Information
- There is no charge for the ACCUPLACER placement test for students wishing to pursue Move On When Ready (MOWR).
- Students must present their photo ID at the time of the test, and identify themselves to the testing administrator as a high school student testing for MOWR.
- Students must select that they are “testing for MOWR” on the Testing Registration Form (completed at the time of the test) to ensure that the testing fee is waived.
- Students are allotted two testing attempts to meet minimum scores during their high school career.
To schedule your ACCUPLACER assessment test, please contact your High School Coordinator.
For more information about the Move On When Ready (MOWR) program at Albany Tech, please contact us. We look forward to speaking with you!
Quanta Bell, HS Coordinator
Cassandra Oliver, HS Coordinator
Technical College System of Georgia (TCSG)
List of Recognized Accreditation Agencies
It is the responsibility of the applicant to find out if the high school is accredited by one of these agencies.
TCSG only accepts high school diplomas from secondary schools accredited by one of the following accreditation agencies. Acceptable accreditation must be in place when the diploma was granted. The following agencies are approved:
Regional accrediting agencies which include:
- Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools
- New England Association of Schools and Colleges
- North Central Association of Colleges and Schools/Council on Accreditation and School Improvement
- Northwest Accreditation Commission
- Western Association of Schools and Colleges
- Southern Association of Colleges and Schools/Council on Accreditation and School Improvement
- Georgia Accrediting Commission
- Georgia Association of Christian Schools
- Association of Christian Schools International
- Georgia Private School Accreditation Council
- Accrediting Commission for Independent Study (note: ACIS merged with the Georgia Accrediting Commission in 2005)
- Southern Association of Independent Schools
- Florida Council of Independent Schools
- Florida Association of Christian Colleges and Schools
- South Carolina Independent School Association
- Texas Private School Accreditation Commission
- Distance Education Training Council
TCSG will accept a high school diploma from a public school that is not accredited by one of the above agencies but is regulated by a school system and state department of education.
It is the responsibility of the applicant to find out if their school is accredited by one of these agencies before applying for admissions. Applicants may want to seek help from the high school’s Principal or the Admissions Office to find out the name of the accrediting agency. Graduation from a high school accredited by one of these agencies is required for graduation from Albany Technical College.
All US Dollar amounts are ESTIMATES only.
International Student Admissions – Student Visa – I-20
International students who either have an I-20 or who wish to get one are subject to electronic tracking requirements through The Department of Homeland Security, Citizenship and Immigration Services (CIS), SEVIS program. International students who wish to have an I-20 issued so that they can apply to the U.S. embassy in their country for a student visa (F-1) to enter the United States and study must meet all the requirements listed on the Admissions Requirements for International Student Applicants information sheet.
Please contact us if you have questions after reading the attachments. Our goal is to reply to emails within 48-hours of receipt, not including weekends or holidays. The following are Albany Technical College’s contact persons for international admissions.
Please read the Student Services Calendar under the Student Services link for important deadlines dates.
NOTE that complete international student applications are due 30 calendar days before the beginning of the term for which the student wishes to apply.
Transfer Admissions Requirements
Applicants to ATC who have been previously enrolled at a post-secondary institution will be considered for admission under the following criteria:
- Applicants who are in good standing at their previous institution may be accepted in good standing.
- Applicants who are on academic probation at their previous institution may be accepted only on academic probation.
- Applicants who are on academic or disciplinary suspension will NOT be accepted unless they have satisfied the conditions of their suspension and are eligible for re-admission into their former college.
Applicants for transfer admission must submit the following to the Admissions Office:
- Application for admission
- Official transcript(s) from each post-secondary institution attended
- Official high school transcript
- SAT, ACT, CPE or other nationally recognized admissions placement test scores.
*Admissions placement testing may not be required for applicants who are in good standing at a regionally accredited institution.
Applicants must complete 25 percent of their coursework from Albany Technical College in order to graduate from ATC.
Transfer credit may be awarded for courses completed with a "C" or better from a regionally accredited technical college, college or university.
Transient Students Admissions Requirements
ATC students desiring to take a course or courses from another accredited institution must have prior approval from the ATC registrar and be in good standing. It is the student's responsibility to apply to the institution he or she wishes to attend as a transient student and have a transcript sent to ATC at the end of the semester in order for the grade to be issued as a transfer grade. Only grades of "C" or better are accepted as transfer grades.
If transient status is not approved, courses will NOT be eligible for transfer to an ATC program of study.
Out-of-area students wishing to attend ATC as a transient student must do the following:
- Submit an application.
- Present a statement from the registrar of the parent institution showing the student is in good standing and eligible to return to that institution.
- Pay the ATC schedule of fees.
The 25-credit-hour maximum may be waived for transient students upon the recommendation of the parent institution.
Students who have not attended ATC for more than one semester or who withdrew voluntarily or were suspended during their last semester of enrollment may apply to re-enter at the beginning of any semester as a returning student. Applications to re-enter must be made through the Office of Admissions. Reapplication does not guarantee acceptance.
Students re-entering after being suspended must meet their conditions of re-entry as established by the disciplinary committee.
Online Admissions Application & Document Deadline Dates
Documents needed in support of application (i.e.: high school and college transcripts, Compass, SAT or ACT test scores, if applicable) are due on the above deadline dates and must be OFFICIAL (in a sealed envelope, from the sender).
A $25.00 application fee is required.
To get started, please select your student type:
New / Beginning OR Transfer
You have never attended a college or university. Have attended another post-secondary institution.
You wish to attend ATC for one term and return to your home institution.- You will also need to mail-in a Transient Agreement Letter or Form from your home institution. Please visit www.GVTC.org > Application Process is a great resource for online Transient student application.
You attended ATC in the past.
High School Students
You are currently enrolled in High School.
You are from outside of the United States of America.
If you have additional questions, please contact the Admissions office:
1704 South Slappey Blvd.
Albany, Georgia 31701