The Move On When Ready (MOWR) program at Albany Technical College provides an opportunity for students to dual enroll at a participating eligible public or private high school, or home school program in Georgia, and the College. Students take coursework at Albany Tech for credit towards both high school graduation or home study completion and postsecondary requirements. Students may participate in activities at both the College and their high school. Students must have approval from their high school guidance office and their parents to participate.
The program is offered during all academic semesters - Fall, Spring, and Summer. Georgia Student Finance Commission requires that a MOWR High School/Home Study Program Participation Agreement be on file for each high school/home study program in order for students from that high school/home study program to participate in the MOWR program. Full tuition and most fees and textbook costs are covered.
For more information about MOWR and its requirements, please visit the Georgia Department of Education's website.
MOWR Admission Requirements
- Student must be enrolled in an eligible public or private high school or home school program in Georgia.
- Student must the a minimum of 14 years of age prior to the first day of their college enrollment term. Some programs at ATC have higher age requirements due to industry standards. See program details for more information on age requirements by program.
- Student must mean minimum SAT, ACT, or ACCUPLACER placement test scores. These vary by programs of study.
Step 1: Complete the Admissions Application: Move On When Ready (MOWR) Admissions Application for ATC [PDF]
Step 2: Submit your SAT or ACT test scores to ATC – OR – complete the ACCUPLACER placement exam at ATC. See program details for placement test score requirements by program.
Step 3: Meet with your high school counselor/home school administrator and parent/guardian to discuss which courses you need for Move On When Ready.
Step 4: Complete MOWR financial aid application.
- Students attending a public or private high school should log into www.GAfutures.org and complete the MOWR funding application online. If you do not have a GA Futures account, then you will need to create one or get assistance from your high school counselor.
- Students attending a home study program must complete the MOWR paper application and do not need to set up a GA Futures account.
Step 5: Receive acceptance letter/email.
Step 6: See your ATC High School Coordinator to get your books for your courses.
Assessment Testing Information
- There is no charge for the ACCUPLACER placement test for students wishing to pursue Move On When Ready (MOWR).
- Students must present their photo ID at the time of the test, and identify themselves to the testing administrator as a high school student testing for MOWR.
- Students must select that they are “testing for MOWR” on the Testing Registration Form (completed at the time of the test) to ensure that the testing fee is waived.
- Students are allotted two testing attempts to meet minimum scores during their high school career.
To schedule your ACCUPLACER assessment test, please contact your High School Coordinator.
For more information about the Move On When Ready (MOWR) program at Albany Tech, please contact us. We look forward to speaking with you!
Quanta Bell, HS Coordinator
Cassandra Oliver, HS Coordinator