Albany, Georgia - In light of the current health issues and concerns resulting from the coronavirus (COVID-19), Albany Technical College (ATC) has made the decision to move certain classes online. While a variety of factors influenced this decision, be assured that the health and safety of our students, faculty, and staff is always our primary concern.
Beginning March 16 through March 20, 2020, the college will transition instructional delivery to an online format with the exception of the Commercial Truck Driving program. Students attending face-to-face classes on the main campus and off-site locations (i.e., high schools) will not report to campus during this time. However, students will complete weekly coursework in the Blackboard platform.
ATC’s library, computer labs on the main campus and Randolph Learning Center locations will remain open for ATC students from 8 am to 5 pm, in order to complete online coursework.
Effective March 16, 2020, ATC’s Early Childhood Demonstration Center will be closed until March 30, 2020.
In addition, Spring Break for A and C Term students has been rescheduled to March 23, 2020 through March 27, 2020.
Adult education students will not report to adult learning centers, but will continue to complete coursework through Essential Ed. and Aztec online software. Full-time Adult Education faculty will continue to work their normal hours.
Plans are to resume to normal operation on March 30, 2020; however, if matters shift and require adjustment, please visit ATC’s web site for updates.
Albany Tech’s faculty and staff will make a sincere effort to ensure students remain on track to meet their academic requirements remotely, and we will give high consideration to graduating students and high school seniors.
Students, please note the following:
- If a class you are enrolled in is moving to an online format, you will receive an email from your instructor. They will provide you with next steps and information on how to access your course online.
- Classroom instructions will be delivered remotely through Blackboard during the week of
March 16-20, 2020 , except Commercial Truck Driving
- Check ATC email account for messages from instructors on instructional plans for the week
- Call or email instructors for clarification or questions
- Monitor ATC’s web site for updates
- Classes have not been cancelled. Instructions have been moved to an online format.
- Spring Break (A and C terms) has been moved to March 23-27, 2020
- ATC’s computer labs and library are open for use
- Continue to practice frequent hand-washing and avoid large gatherings of people
Faculty and staff, please note the following:
- Faculty and staff will report to work on March 16, 2020
- Plans and content will be developed to deliver instructions online in as many courses as possible
- Contact students and advise them of instructional plans for the week
- Clean and disinfect classrooms and labs areas
The senior leadership of the college and the emergency management team is meeting daily and will continue to develop answers, adjust plans as necessary, and communicate frequently. Please monitor the Albany Technical College website for updated information and resources.
About Albany Technical College
A public postsecondary institution of the Technical College System of Georgia (TCSG), Albany Technical College provides technical education and training support for the evolving workforce needs of Southwest Georgia through traditional and online classroom settings. Albany Tech is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS/COC). For more information about Albany Tech, go to www.albanytech.edu or become a fan on Facebook at www.facebook.com/AlbanyTech or on Twitter at www.twitter.com/AlbanyTech. You can also subscribe to our YouTube Channel by visiting www.youtube.com/albanytech1 .