Special Admit Status (Non-Credential Seeking)
The special admissions category is designed to be an admission method for non-award seeking students. The following specifics define the parameters of this classification:
- Be classified as non-award seeking at time of admission.
- Be granted special status upon recommendation of the Admissions Director.
- Receive credit for regular program coursework, which is satisfactorily completed.
- May apply up to a maximum of 18 semester credit hours into a specific program for credential seeking purposes after achieving regular admit status. The number of hours taken as a special admit student in no way waives the requirements of the regular admission process, including the state approved assessment process.
- May enroll in classes only a space-available basis.
- Adhere to the specific institutional prerequisite course requirements when selecting courses.
- Will not be eligible for any financial aid.
Notice and Responsibilities Regarding this Catalog
The purpose of this catalog/handbook is to provide general information. It should not be construed as the basis of a contract between students and Albany Technical College (ATC). While the provisions of this catalog/handbook will ordinarily be applied as stated, ATC reserves the right to change any provisions listed without notice. Such changes may include entrance requirements and admissions procedures, courses, and programs of study, academic requirements for graduation, fees and charges, financial aid, rules and regulations and the College calendar. It is the student’s responsibility to keep informed of all changes including academic requirements for graduation.