Statement to ATC Family:
The health and safety of Albany Technical College’s students, faculty, and staff is always our first priority. Albany Technical College will close all locations starting Friday, March 20th at noon. Our spring break will begin March 23, 2020 and end March 27, 2020. This will place us two weeks into our second seven-week spring term. I’m hopeful that we will be able to restart or spring term on March 30 to finish the term.
The overall risk of COVID-19 to students, faculty, and staff at Albany Technical College remains low. Health officials are taking precautionary measures to quickly identify cases of COVID-19, take appropriate public health action to reduce its spread, and protect the general public in identifying potential contacts.
For members of the ATC community, the best prevention measures for any respiratory virus, including COVID-19, are:
- Wash your hands often with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
We advise the ATC community to watch for signs and symptoms such as fever, cough, and shortness of breath, and to contact their primary care physician if they experience any symptoms. Be sure to call before going to a doctor’s office, emergency room, or urgent care center.