Beginning Fall Semester 2021, Albany Technical College will offer more online courses through a new platform called "eCampus". The eCampus platform allows students from across Georgia to enroll in online courses offered by any Technical College System of Georgia (TCSG) college, providing students access to programs that may not be available at their home college. Upon completion of the eCampus course, students will earn credit at their home college.
With eCampus, students get the personalized experience of being a part of their home technical college as well as the opportunity to take advantage of courses from any of Georgia’s 22 technical colleges. Students will have access to courses such as advanced Math, Economics, Engineering and a variety of other courses that, otherwise, might not have been available to students at their home institution.
eCampus will also provide an online resource for students to receive support for financial aid, tutoring, career guidance, and job placement. eCampus will ensure a seamless experience for students regardless of which technical college they call home.
ATC Program Offerings Available via eCampus
|Program Title||Program Type|
|Fire Science Technology||Degree|
|Fire Science Technology||Diploma|
|Supply Chain Management||TCC|
Frequently Asked Questions
Below are some of the more frequently asked questions associated with eCampus. For a complete listing of all questions, please visit the TCSG eCampus webpage.
- What is eCampus? eCampus provides students the ability to enroll in digital online courses utilizing faculty from TCSG colleges, allowing students access to programs that would not have been available at their home technical college.
- How does it work? For a student, taking a course offered through eCampus is no different than other courses. A student enrolls in an eCampus course through their home college. The course is 100% online and is taught by a TCSG college instructor. The student receives credit for the course the same way they would if they completed the course at their home college.
- Is there an enrollment cap? This will be determined by the host college.
- Does eCampus cost anything to use? Standard tuition and fees cover the cost of eCampus.
- What technology do I need to use eCampus? A device that connects to the internet and access to some form of web browser. Some courses may have more requirements such as software or other hardware.
- If I don’t have access to the internet, can I still have access to this tool and its resources? Yes. Albany Tech and its sister colleges will provide access via local college internet on campus(es) and provide location information for Wi-Fi hotspots strategically placed within your community.
- How to I enroll in class? You will be able to enroll in a class using the Albany Tech Blackboard enrollment platform. For help, contact our admissions and advisement teams.
- I am an adult education student and want to know whether this tool will work for me. Adult education students are able to take courses through eCampus if they are enrolled at a TCSG college.
- If I use eCampus, is there still a way for me to talk to a live person? You will be given a dedicated ambassador that will be available to you both for digital communications and voice communications, whether that be in person or by phone/telepresence.
- Do I have to go on campus for a proctored event if I am using eCampus to take a course? The majority of the programs/courses do not require a physical proctored event, but there are some programs/courses that may require a physical proctored event, you should be able to find this requirement in each course description.
- How is eCampus different from being on campus at my college? All coursework is online and eCampus courses may have a different start date than the other on-campus courses. The student will still have a relationship with their home institution and have full access to student services such as academic advisement, financial aid, and tutoring.
- Does eCampus support real-time interaction, or only pre-recorded content? eCampus supports real-time interaction.
- Can I use eCampus to attend a study group? Yes. There will be a way to connect via some form of telepresence systems such as WebEx, Microsoft Teams, etc. to collaborate with other students