Applicants to ATC who have been previously enrolled at a post-secondary institution will be considered for admission under the following criteria:
- Applicants who are in good standing at their previous institution may be accepted in good standing.
- Applicants who are on academic probation at their previous institution may be accepted only on academic probation.
- Applicants who are on academic or disciplinary suspension will NOT be accepted unless they have satisfied the conditions of their suspension and are eligible for re-admission into their former college.
- Submit an application for admissions online or download an application form fill it out.
- $25 nonrefundable application fee deferred to student's financial aid with applicant's consent.
- Official transcript(s) from each post-secondary institution attended.
- Official high school transcript.
- SAT, ACT, CPE or other nationally recognized admissions placement test scores.
- Transfer credit may be awarded for courses completed with a "C" or better from a regionally accredited technical college, college or university.
*Applicants must complete 25 percent of their coursework from Albany Technical College in order to graduate from ATC.
- A transcript from an accredited post-secondary institution with a grade of 'C' or better in English and/or Math equivalent to the required level of program selection may exempt you from testing.
- The entrance exam will be waived if you have an associate degree or higher. (An official transcript is required for this waiver).
- The entrance exam may not be required for applicants who are in good standing at a regionally accredited institution.
- The entrance exam may be waived for diploma programs if the student has:
- Old SAT version - Math score 400; Critical Reading 430
- New SAT version - Reading 24; Writing & Language 25; Math 22
- ACT - Reading 13; English 12; Math 17
- The entrance exam may be waived for degree programs if the student has:
- Old SAT version - Math score 440; Critical Reading 480
- New SAT version - Reading 25; Writing & Language 26; Math 24
- ACT - Reading 17; English 16; Math 19