The center is the academic hub for Success Coaches, Online Tutors and more. All who contribute to the online learning experience. Click on tabs below to learn more.
Coaches, Tutors, Advisors & Mentors
Students seeking degrees online are provided with personalized "degree roadmaps" that are developed specifically for them by ATC Academic Advisement Staff. Academic Advisement staff help students:
- by making course selection recommendations;
- by providing advice regarding course equivalency substitutions, prerequisites, and academic requirements (university, school/college, and department);
- and by monitoring progress and reaching out to provide assistance.
Student Success Coaches
Success coaching is a proactive practice that helps students determine and achieve educational goals. The coaching relationship enables and supports students to make the best use of their own motivations, environment, knowledge, purpose, and external resources. Success coaching provides appropriate, intentional contact to support students in establishing and attaining goals. Not all students will engage the services of a success coach, but for those that do, success coaching works to ensure positive student experiences and outcomes. A success coach offers numerous services, including the following:
- welcoming students to their online courses the week before classes begin;
- staying in continuous contact via phone, email and other social media services;
- monitoring student activity levels and overall progress;
- connecting students to the resources available to them when they have questions;
- helping students to cope with the many demands of college life.
Online tutors are available in an array of subjects and topics to help you wherever you need. You'll work live with tutors in a virtual session or you can stop by our Academic Achievement Center and meet with a tutor in person. Online tutoring has the advantage of availability when students need and are ready for it. We know from research that learning opportunities offered when students are most receptive, create the best academic outcomes. Moreover, nontraditional students benefit from online tutoring, which provides support when they need it, leaving them free to tend to family and work obligations during the hours that traditional tutoring centers are available. For all students, having one-on-one tutoring support available as they're preparing for tests, writing papers, or working on homework assignments, has been proven to be academically beneficial.
Schedule an Appointment
There are multiple ways to make an appointment for Online Success Coaching at ATC:
- Schedule an appointment.
- E-mail us at email@example.com and a member of our office will call you to set up an appointment
- Call or email your Success Coach
- Visit our office located in the Healthcare Technology Bldg at the Main ATC Campus
Super Titan is an invitation only program focused on providing students with supportive resources to help facilitate their academic success and social development. As a Super Titan, you will be required to meet with your Online Success Coach each semester to discuss success strategies aimed at enhancing your ATC experience with the ultimate goal of graduating.
As a Super Titan, you will benefit from:
- A dedicated Success Coach committed to providing one-on-one sessions geared towards your social, personal and professional adjustment to ATC.
- A supportive network of Student and Academic Affairs Professionals devoted to providing learning experiences focused on academic excellence and social development.
- Success workshops and events designed to create awareness of academic, career and student support services.
- A career advisor to provide individualized career exploration and planning that compliments your academic experience and supports your professional goals.
- Online Success Coaching Sessions
- Tools for Success Workshops (workshop topics range from time management, study skills, writing skills, conflict management, stress management, etc.)
- Visiting multiple student support resource offices (Academic Advisement, Academic Achievement, Tutoring and Testing, Career Development, etc.)
- Personal Goal Setting
This program is designed to identify students who are not attending class on a regular basis or are experiencing difficulties that might impact their academic performance in a negative manner. In turn, students who are referred receive outreach from the Academic Advisement Center. Faculty are encouraged to refer students throughout the semester.
I am a student that was alerted by my Online Success Coach. What should I do?
- The Academic Advisement Center is committed to helping you overcome any academic challenges you may be facing through academic coaching and campus resource support. We highly encourage you to meet with your Online Success Coach by scheduling an appointment.
How do Success Coaches help alerted students?
- The Success Coaches uses an inclusive student support approach through outreach to alerted students and connecting students to campus resources and support.
What are TEAMS Alert?
- The TEAMS Alert provides faculty with an opportunity to identify and report students who are academically at-risk based on academic performance and/or attendance.
How often can faculty report through the Early Alert system?
- Faculty report early alerts starting 2 weeks after the semester start date and one week after midterms, or on an as-needed basis throughout the term.
Who will respond to students after an Early Alert has been placed?
- Once a student has been flagged, a case management approach will commence. Students identified and respond to outreach are referred to student support resources on campus. Faculty will be able to view when an alerted student's case is closed.
- Success Coaches will offer success coaching and resource connections.
- Academic Advisors will review course selections, discuss drop/withdraw and impact to financial aid.
- Tutoring and Testing will offer customized tutoring in the alerted subject.