There are currently no events to display.
Admission to a credit program is a selective process and international students must meet the requirements for admission. International applicants must have a complete file before they can be accepted to a credit program of study. Once official acceptance is granted, a letter is mailed to the applicant. The admissions assistant will then request that an F-‐1student visa be issued to the accepted applicant by the DHS-‐CIS.
*If transcripts are in a language other than English, an official translation is required. Foreign postsecondary educational credentials must have a course-by-course evaluation by an Independent Evaluation Service that is a member of NACES® - National Association of Credential Evaluation Services. Photocopies and faxes are not acceptable.
International Student Admissions – Student Visa – I-20
International students who either have an I-20 or who wish to get one are subject to electronic tracking requirements through The Department of Homeland Security, Citizenship and Immigration Services (CIS), SEVIS program. International students who wish to have an I-20 issued so that they can apply to the U.S. embassy in their country for a student visa (F-1) to enter the United States and study must meet all the requirements listed on the Admissions Requirements for International Student Applicants information sheet.
Please contact us if you have questions after reading the attachments. Our goal is to reply to emails within 48-hours of receipt, not including weekends or holidays.
Admissions Requirements for International Student Applicants
Application for Admissions – International Student
Financial Documentation – Sample document
Form I-134 Affidavit of Support
International Student Responsibilities
Tuition and Fees – International Student
Foreign Credential Evaluation Resources
SPANTRAN Evaluation Request Form
- Submit an Application for Admission to Albany Technical College, ATTN: International Student Admissions, with a $25.00 non-refundable application fee.
- Present an original document certifying immigrant or non-‐immigrant status. (Examples: Passport, Visa, permanent resident alien card, I-‐20, etc.).
- Submit financial statements, financial documentation:
- Affidavit of Support showing that you have funds to finance your education.
- Certified statement from your bank, or sponsor’s bank, showing that the required funds are available. (Example: $16,282 for 12 months balance).
- Additional documents substantiating your ability to support yourself or the student financially. Financial Documentation.
- Submit proof of proficiency in the English language -‐ TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language). Minimum Score Requirements: Paper and pencil: 500; Computer-‐based: 173; Internet-‐based: 61
- Submit official High School transcript.*
- Submit Official College or University transcripts.*
- Submit satisfactory SAT, ACT, or Compass test scores.
- Submit proof of current health insurance coverage.
- Pay one term semester’s tuition and fees to Albany Technical College. Amount subject to change.
- Pay SEVIS Fee prior to interview with U.S. consulate.
- Submit a Transfer Clearance Form to your Advisor at your current College, if applicable.
- Completed international student applications are due 30 calendar days before the beginning of the semester for which the student wishes to apply.
- A transcript from an accredited post-secondary institution with a grade of 'C' or better in English and/or Math equivalent to the required level of program selection may exempt you from testing.
- The entrance exam will be waived if you have an associate degree or higher. (An official transcript is required for this waiver).
- The entrance exam may not be required for applicants who are in good standing at a regionally accredited institution.
- The entrance exam may be waived for diploma programs if the student has:
- Old SAT version - Math score 400; Critical Reading 430
- New SAT version - Reading 24; Writing & Language 25; Math 22
- ACT - Reading 13; English 12; Math 17
- The entrance exam may be waived for degree programs if the student has:
- Old SAT version - Math score 440; Critical Reading 480
- New SAT version - Reading 25; Writing & Language 26; Math 24