Download the Parking Guide PDF
The authority for administering and enforcing traffic and parking regulations on the Albany Technical College campus rests with the Administrative Services division. The administration reserves the authority to make changes as needed in parking areas, traffic flow and other changes as related to traffic conditions.
The purpose of these regulations is to facilitate safety, maintain orderly conduct of the college’s business and to provide parking facilities in support of this function within the limits of available space.
These regulations are intended only to supplement the State of Georgia Motor Vehicle Laws, all provisions of which apply to this campus. These rules and regulations apply to all vehicles, which are self-propelled.
The owner or person to whom the vehicle is registered is ultimately responsible for the safe operation and proper parking of the vehicle, regardless of who the operator may be. “ATC shall have no responsibility for loss or damage to any vehicle or its contents while operated or parked on college property”.
Each student (including full-time, part-time, evening) taking courses; and each member of the faculty, staff, and administration of Albany Technical College must register any motor-driven vehicle operated on campus. During the first five (5) days of each quarter, it is expected for decals to be obtained and properly displayed.
Vehicles may be registered during the official days of registration at the beginning of each quarter at the Business Office. A vehicle registration card will be provided at the time of
All motor vehicles operated by students in connection with their attendance to at Albany Technical College must properly display the required current decal. Parking Guides are available at the reception desk in the Kirkland Building, Building F, or in the Business Office where decals can be purchased.
To secure an ATC parking permit the following information is required at the time of registration.
- State license number
- Descriptive vehicle information (year, model and color)
- Drivers license number
- Date of birth and social security number
- Address (present and home)
- Valid registration schedule
- Student decals are $8.00 at the beginning of the Summer Semester. Decals are valid for the current academic year (July 1-June 30).
- Fall Term - $6.00
- Spring Term - $4.00
- Summer Term - $8.00
- Decals are non-transferable and must be removed before the sale of the vehicle.
- In order for a registered vehicle to be in compliance, the cling parking decal must be affixed to the inside of the back windshield on the driver’s side. Violators will be cited.
- Parking decals allow the operator to park only in specified parking areas during the hours of 7:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. daily during scheduled classes and examinations. Parking is relaxed on weekends with the exception of ADA and yellow-curbed areas, which will be strictly enforced.
- The replacement fee for decals is $2.00.
- Temporary permits will be issued at no charge when a registered vehicle is out of order and another vehicle must be used for a period of time not to exceed five days.
- Employees or students with handicaps, either permanent or temporary, who operate a motor vehicle registered with the College, must display a handicap permit/license plate as issued by the Georgia State Patrol.
- No parking is permitted within fifteen (15) feet of fire hydrants or street entrances to sidewalks or buildings.
- Parking on the lawn or driving on campus where campus streets are not provided is forbidden.
- All ADA parking spaces must be observed and are subject to state enforcement.
- Littering violations will be enforced.
- All Business and private vendors must have permission to conduct business on our campus from the campus police Chief of Police.
- Parking in service drives is not permitted. (rear access to Conference Center)
- The speed limit for the campus is 15 mph / 10 mph for parking lots.
- Visitors’ parking spaces will be strictly enforced.
- Motorcycles are not to be driven or parked on the sidewalks.
- Disabled vehicles are to be removed within seven (7) days after notification from the Campus Operations Department.
- No backing in or pulling through a parking space.
- No animals are allowed on the campus grounds.
Persons enrolled in Continuing Education or Business & Industry training programs will
be required to obtain a special parking permit through Continuing Education/Economic Development offices.
Note: It is the responsibility of the motor vehicle operator to find a legal parking space. Lack of convenient space is not considered a valid excuse for violation of any parking regulations. Rain or inclement weather will not alter any of the provisions of these regulations.
- All persons operating a vehicle on ATC property must be properly licensed at all times.
- ATC identification and driver’s license (if available) must be presented when requested by ATC Campus Operations Department.
- Pedestrians have the right-of-way on campus except where traffic is regulated by mechanical devices.
- Under normal conditions the maximum speed limit on campus is 15 mph; however, vehicles may not be operated at any speed, which is excessive for the conditions, which may exist as a result of weather, traffic, congestion, pedestrians, etc.
- Traffic control signals, devices and directions of Albany Technical College shall be obeyed.
- All persons operating vehicles are responsible for maintaining control and safe operation of their vehicle and observance of traffic control signs, barriers, and devices.
- All accidents occurring on campus shall be reported to the Campus Operations Department before the vehicles are moved. There is a charge for copies of accident reports.
Albany Technical College parking citations should be paid at the Business Office (cashier’s window) located in the Administration / Kirkland Building within five business days after issuance. Failure to comply will result in a one time $10.00 late fee added to the citation.
All persons receiving a parking citation are entitled to appeal the citation within the same 5- day time period of receiving the citation. The appeal should be submitted in writing to the Business Office. If an appeal is granted for a citation no payment is required. If the appeal is denied the fine is to be satisfied in the Business Office. Persons submitting appeals will be notified within five working days of the outcome. Failure to file an appeal within the five days forfeits all rights of appeal.
In general, such circumstances as ignorance of the law, inability to find a proper parking space, late to class or appointment or financial hardships caused by fines do not constitute sufficient basis for the approval of an appeal.
All fines not paid within the specified time become financial obligations payable to Albany Technical College. Persons who display a pattern of disregard for parking regulations are subject to having their parking privileges revoked for one calendar year.
Persons arrested for operating a motor vehicle under the influence of alcohol or other drugs will be towed and stored with a local towing service. Operators of vehicles that have been towed should contact the Campus Operations Office for information to assist with the release of the vehicle by the towing company. Excessive noises by car radios, loud speakers, faulty mufflers or cut mufflers are prohibited on campus.
Certain areas on campus are designated as TOW ZONES. These areas include handicap parking spaces, parking along the curb. Parking in an area where the curb is painted yellow and the words “no parking” are labeled, a vehicle is subject to immediate tow. All vehicles towed from campus are towed at the expense of the owner. The Campus Operations Office will have the towing information on file.
On special occasions, emergency parking and traffic limitations may be imposed by the Campus Operations Department.
Campus streets may not be used by any group, corporation or persons for commercial use or advertising without proper authorization.
In an attempt to facilitate parking on campus, color coded parking has been instituted to correctly direct faculty, staff, students and visitors to appropriate parking areas. Listed below are the color assignments for parking decals on campus. The color-coding is indicated by decal, sinage and parking spaces.
- White -- Indicates Visitors Parking only.
- Light Blue -- Indicates Handicap Parking only.
- Blue -- Indicates Students Parking only.
- Red -- Indicates Faculty/Staff Parking only.
- Yellow -- Indicates No Parking.