|Monday||10AM – 7PM|
|Tuesday – Thursday||8AM – 5PM|
|Friday||8AM – 4PM|
Special hours for VA Students who can’t make it to campus during the day are:
Monday: 3:00pm - 6:30pm
Albany Technical College is proud to welcome members of the military and veterans to the Titan family.
We are committed to providing service members, veterans, and military families with the flexibility and convenience needed to achieve their educational goals.
Our dedicated team of experts will help you navigate admissions, leverage your benefits, and manage the impact of deployments. We provide courses in multiple formats with some 100 percent online programs. If you are a member of the military, a veteran or a military spouse or dependent who wants to earn a college degree, we have resources to help make the most of your ATC experience.
Apply for Admission at ATC
- Complete and submit the Albany Technical College admissions application. Students must be 16 years of age or older.
- Once your admissions application is processed you will receive a student ID number (900#)
- $25 nonrefundable application fee deferred to student's financial aid with applicant's consent. Current High School juniors and seniors exempt from fee.
- Complete the entrance exam, if required (Contact the Admissions Office for more details).
- Submit official high school transcript.
- Submit official college or technical college transcript.
- Await notification of Acceptance: Students are notified by mail of their acceptance into a program of study.
- A Faculty Advisor will be assigned to you and you will be provided a registration referral card (Contact Admissions for more detail)
- Attend New Student Orientation and register for classes
Types of Educational Benefits
- Chapter 30 - GI Bill (Active Duty)
- Chapter 35 - Dependents of Veterans
- Chapter 1606 - Reservist
- Chapter 1607 - National Guard Members
- Chapter 33 - Post 9/11
- Chapter 31 - Vocational Rehabilitation
Other types of benefits
- GA’s Hero Scholarship Program. For more information, go to www.gacollege411.org
- ATC accepts Tuition Assistance. Contact your Military Unit for additional information
- FAFSA Federal Pell Grant and Other Types of Federal and State Aid. Apply at fafsa.ed.gov
Steps to Apply for Benefits
- Apply for your VA Certificate of Eligibility by going to www.gibill.va.gov
- For Chapter 30, Chapter 1606, Chapter 1607, or Chapter 33, Complete form 22-1990. Complete form 22-1995 if you have previously used your education benefits
- For Chapter 35, complete form 22-5490. Complete form 5495 if you have previously used your education benefits
- For Chapter 31, Complete form 1905 with your Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor or call the Department of Veteran’s Affairs Vocational Rehabilitation at 1.800.827.1000
Things to Know
- Bring your Certificate of Eligibility to the School Certifying Official
- Bring college transcripts to the Registrar’s Office to see if you can receive any college credit
- If you have questions about the amount of benefits paid to you or questions regarding your housing allowance or monthly stipend please contact VA at 1.888.442.4551
- Check with the School Certifying Official before withdrawing from classes to see how it will impact your VA Education benefits