Frequently Asked Questions
An annual program to identify and acknowledge selected staff who have demonstrated exceptional and noteworthy performance in a given field during the preceding calendar year. The recipient will receive a one-time award.
The program is open to active, permanent full-time staff with at least three years of college service by July 1, 2023. Deans, Directors, and Senior Leadership are excluded.
DEADLINE for Submission
All nominations for the 2023 ATC Staff Employee of the Year Awards Program must be received in the Public Relations Office NO LATER THAN September 29, 2023. A selection committee will review all eligible applicants and the winner will be announced in December.
Eligible recipients are nominated for outstanding performance during the designated calendar year. Performance should relate to:
Contributions to the Work Place. Describe any innovative procedures the nominee has introduced to ATC and/or the department. Additionally, comment on the overall quality of their job duties and the respect they've earned from peers and supervisors.
Contributions to Institutional Cost Savings. Describe how the nominee has played a role in cost-saving strategies, how it improved the College's operational efficiencies, and the nominee's involvement in scaling these efficiencies across the campus community.
Taking Initiative. Describe specific instances where the nominee has identified or suggested improvements to the College's operations or programs. Highlight any roles they've played in planning and implementing new services.
Willingness to Take on Additional Responsibilities. Describe the nominee's attitude and actions regarding taking on new tasks, participation in committees, and attendance at external community events.
Customer Service. Share examples of the nominee's interactions with students and other ATC stakeholders. Indicate the level of professionalism the nominee usually exhibits.
Loyalty to ATC. Briefly discuss the nominee's years of faithful service and dependability towards ATC.
- Recommendations for recognition may be initiated by the individual’s peers, immediate supervisors, full-time faculty/staff, board of directors, or foundation members.
- The screening panel will review nominations to verify that the applicant has met at least one of the criteria outlined above. Recommendations of finalists will be made to the president.
- All nominations must be made by completing the ATC Staff Employee of the Year application form below. The Background and Basis of Nomination/Summary should clearly describe the significance of the achievements that make the nominee worthy of special recognition.
- The background information should list information about current job responsibilities, title, length of service, and information about normal job duties.
- Nominations that are incomplete will be returned for correction and resubmission. Any submission received after the deadline of September 29, 2023 will not be considered.