Student Wellness: Mental, Academic and Physical Preparedness (M.A.P.P.)
Albany Technical College’s new Student Wellness: MAPP project aims to improve the overall well-being of all ATC students. This PBI Formula Grant sponsored by the Department of Education, specifically aims to improve academic success and academic programs by fostering a climate where students are engaged in the health and well-being of their personal and academic outcomes.
- Assist the healthcare industry by providing qualified individuals to meet the needs of high-skill, high -wage and in-demand occupations.
- Integrate a high-level tutoring platform to all occupational courses.
- Increase the number of African American males entering and completing a Health Care program.
- Decrease the attrition rate for first-year and first-generation college students.
- Provide a dedicated space and services that will address the physical, mental, and academic needs of students.
Services offered through the MAPP Grant:
- Mental health assessments and counseling
- Financial counseling
- One-Stop Proactive Approach to Advising for First Year, First-Generation and Healthcare students.
- Occupational tutoring
- Student Wellness initiatives (varies each semester)
- TEAS Exam Prep