TEAAMS Hours of Operation
Monday - Thursday | 8:00am - 5:00pm
Friday | 8:00am - 4:00pm
Teaching Empowering African American Males To Succeed
Albany Technical College's new TEAAMS project aims to ensure that African American Males are fundamentally prepared to be successful. The TEAAMS project will lend the assistance needed to help them navigate and persist through both internal and external challenges. The TEAAMS project is designed to ultimately improve their educational outcomes all the way through completion. The TEAAMS project, will engage students both academically and socially, and allow them to engage in meaningful learning environments that are infused with opportunities of experiential learning designed to extend students' learning experiences beyond the classroom and into the local communities.
Why Join TEAAMS
- TEAAMS members will bond through peer feedback
- Attend monthly "Empowerment Sessions"
- Collaborations on TEAAMS projects
- TEAAMS members will host an annual
- "Empowerment Summit"
- TEAAMS members will attend annual Academic Exploration Activities
- Mentorship facilitates a sense of connectedness
- Increases self-esteem
- Set S.M.A.R.T goals with a Mentor
- Mentors offer encouragement throughout matriculation to graduation
- Be a part of the TEAAMS community of learners
- Work as a team to problem solve, complete tasks and create products.
- Enroll in College Success course with otherTEAAMS peers.
- Increase Mental Health Awareness
- Have access to a Certified Mental Health Counselor
TEAAMS members will partner with an organization that places heavy focus on empowering African American Male Youth and serve as a Mentor to youth.
How to become a member
If you are interested in becoming a member of TEAAMS please contact Quanta Bell, Project Director for African American Males at 229.430.1708 or firstname.lastname@example.org