• Albany Technical College is accredited with the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award Associate of Applied Science Degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Albany Technical College.
• The program in Dental Assisting is accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation. The Commission is a specialized accrediting body recognized by the United States Department of Education. The Commission on Dental Accreditation can be contacted at (312) 440-4653 or at 211 East Chicago Avenue, Chicago, Illinois 60611.
• The Health Information Technology has applied for accreditation from CAHIM: Commission on Accreditation for Health Information Management Education.
• The Nursing program is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing.
3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 850
Atlanta, Georgia 30326
Phone: (404) 975-5000
Fax: (404) 975-5020
• The Albany Technical College Paramedicine diploma and degree programs are accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP)(www.caahep.org) upon the recommendation of the Committee on Accreditation of Educational Programs for the Emergency Medical Services Professions (CoAEMSP)(www.coaemsp.org)
|Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs||Committee on Accreditation of Educational Programs for the Emergency Medical Services Professions|
|9355 - 113th St. N,||8301 Lakeview Pkwy|
|Seminole, FL 33775||Rowlett, TX 75088|
Approval of EMT, AEMT, and PARAMEDIC courses is granted by the Georgia Department of Public Health/Office of EMS and Trauma and will be processed by the Regional EMS Program Official in the EMS Region in which the course will be taught. A complete listing of the Regional EMS Offices is located in the EMS Procedure Manual, Section VIII: Resource Documents, R-01: EMS Regional Offices.
• The Pharmacy Technology program is accredited by the American Society of Health System Pharmacists.
• The Practical Nursing Program is approved by the Georgia Board of Examiners of Licensed Practical Nurses.
• The Radiologic Technology Program is accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology. Address: 20 North Wacker Drive - Suite 2850 - Chicago, IL 60606-3182; www.jrcert.org.
• The Surgical Technology program is in continuing accreditation status and is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs, 9355 - 1113th St. N, 7709, Seminole, FL 33775, Phone 727-210-2350, www.caahep.org based on the recommendation from the Accreditation Review Council on Education in Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (ARC/STSA) located at 6 W. Dry Creek Circle, Suite #110, Littleton, CO 80120, Phone 303-694-9262, www.arcsta.org.
• The Albany Technical College Medical Assisting Program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (www.caahep.org) upon the recommendation of the Medical Assisting Education Review Board (MAERB).
Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health
9355 - 1113th St. N, #7709
Seminole, FL 33775
• The Nurse Aide Technical Certificate of Credit Program is approved by the Georgia Medical Care Foundation.
• The Cosmetology Diploma Program is approved by the State Board of Cosmetology. Graduation from the cosmetology program prepares individuals for the Georgia State Board Master Cosmetology Examination for licensure.
• The Fire Science Technology program is recognized by the National Fire Academy (NFA).
Notice and Responsibilities Regarding this Catalog
The purpose of this catalog/handbook is to provide general information. It should not be construed as the basis of a contract between students and Albany Technical College (ATC). While the provisions of this catalog/handbook will ordinarily be applied as stated, ATC reserves the right to change any provisions listed without notice. Such changes may include entrance requirements and admissions procedures, courses, and programs of study, academic requirements for graduation, fees and charges, financial aid, rules and regulations and the College calendar. It is the student’s responsibility to keep informed of all changes including academic requirements for graduation.